Sunday, bloody Sunday
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Roses are red, violets are blue.
I'm dreading this week, and the following weekend too.

Here I sit in the free-wi-fi-heaven of Cafe Avanti, pondering what I can do in the next 24 hours to bolster my sense of humor for the week ahead. What is it about Sundays? Mine never feel quite right because either (a) Sean is leaving the next day to fly off somewhere for work, or (b) the week seems to loom precariously in my immediate future, bringing all of its stress and craziness. Sundays, to me, are the black sheep of the Weekend family - the child that just doesn't fit in.

I try my best not to talk about work on this blog, because a select few of my coworkers read this blog (hi guys!), but I sort of have to around this time of year. In less than 48 hours, I will be sitting at O'Hare, killing time before a flight to Greensboro, NC/Piedmont Triad Airport. Hoo boy, don't it sound fun, ya'll?! In the furniture business, every manufacturer, retailer, designer, and their associates flock to Highpoint, NC, for the semi-annual furniture convention. As the lone customer service wolf for a local manufacturer, I serve as an office representative onsite in NC for most of the show along with our owner and other employees.

It's a chance for me to see/meet the clients I spend my days speaking to, and to attempt to talk them down from whatever ledge it is that they've placed themselves on THIS TIME. It's also an opportunity for me to be yelled at and blamed for things that are entirely out of my control. It's like a tropical vacation every 6 months, complete with sore feet, snobby interior designers, angry people, and lots of barbeque.

Looking forward to it, as always.

P.S. Isn't it sort of cliche to be playing The Cranberries at a coffee shop? SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP.