Weekend Wrap-Up
Monday, October 03, 2005
So this weekend - it was a quick one. Went by so fast, I feel like it didn't even happen.

Friday was the celebration of Kate T's (aka Kahtay) birthday. She's an old lady. Oh wait...I'm older...never mind. We got to see her new apartment, which is a hint in bold, underlined typeface that there is SO MUCH MORE to be had if you move to the suburbs. She pays 2/3 of what I do for 3X the space, and her dining room floor doesn't roll towards the west. Prior to visiting Kate, I stopped into a Borders to kill time. $80 later, I left out of fear that I might agree to purchase the entire store. I'm lethal in a bookstore, folks. Lethal.

Saturday was sort of a blur - went to my parent's apartment downtown to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. Strange, because I've never seen my parents as anything other than 45 y.o. That's just the age that sticks in my mind, for some reason. My sister, brother-in-law, and niece were there...always fun to have the little ankle-biter around. I did heaps of laundry in their building's laundry room (so much cheaper than my own), and swam in the pool for a little until I realized the water was WAY TO F*$#ING COLD. Also got to see an old man in a speedo, sunning himself. Eeew.

Spent most of Sunday reading and watching the Talladega NASCAR event. My favorite driver, Matt Kenseth, almost won...Sean's favorite driver, Tony Stewart, drove like an aggressive ass (as usual) and ended up 2nd. My fascination with NASCAR grows by the week - unexpected and unusual but always very fun. Also did a ridiculous amount of dishes, hung curtains in my room, bought a new rug (which was promptly dirtied by my muddied dog), and put my 19 loads of laundry away.

All in all, a great weekend. Productive, too! Turns out I'm an adult, who knew?!