The Allure of an Older Man
Friday, November 11, 2005
I've always dated guys who are older than I am. I have no idea why - my friends could probably answer that question better than I ever could. I guess I've always been a bit on the indecisive side, and secretly crave someone who is going to treat me like the intelligent adult that I am, but not be afraid to tell me what to do every now and then. So 1950's, I know, but I can't help it. Maybe that sets back feminism a couple decades, SO SUE ME.

I find it interesting that all three major "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" shows feature a dominant male character. [Disclaimer: In the course of 1 week, I will watch far more CSI than is necessary] So it begs the question, then...

If I were available, and looking for an older man to date, who would I choose?


Option 1: Gary Sinise/Detective Mac Taylor, CSI: New York

Let's address the obvious -- it's Gary Sinise. C'mon, people - the man is NOT ONLY a Chicagoland native, but an acting legend. His industry pedigree is flawless. Not only can the man swab trace evidence with the best of them, but he looks at those little cotton fluffs with the intensity of a soldier heading off to war. On the downside, I'm not sure if I could be attracted to Lieutenant Dan...or someone who, in real life, heads up a rock group named after that particular character. I've never been the "groupie" type. Point of interest: Subject has a very raspy voice - is, in fact, the vocal equivalent of sandpaper.

Option 2: William Petersen/Detective Gil Grissom, CSI: Las Vegas

There is something oddly handsome about this fellow, and I can't put my finger on it. Granted, his character on the show is VERY unusual but manages to keep a certain mystery about him. Maybe if Ol' Willie stopped squinting so much, his character Gil wouldn't seem like such an oddball. There's definitely something attractive about a man who knows when to keep his mouth shut. I also have a thing for facial hair. Hmmm. Point of Interest: Has made questionable career decisions, but is named as a producer of the CSI series. Smart man.

Option 3: David Caruso/Detective Horatio Cane, CSI: Miami

I don't date redheads, I think David Caruso is unattractive in almost every way, and I think his acting stinks. I don't think I have ever liked him, or his characters, on ANY of the shows he has EVER done. So...really not an option at all. Point of interest: I could never date someone who signs their autograph over THEIR CROTCH on a glossy 8 X 10. Yuck.

Winner of my Hypothetical Heart: William Petersen

Who would YOU choose?