In defiance of the laws of physics
Monday, November 21, 2005
This morning, I attempted to be productive. This, you see, is atypical since I am the worst morning person anyone I know has ever met. I continually take the grumpy cake.

Since many of the streets surrounding my apartment are city arteries, parking on them in the winter will be impossible. Thinking myself some sort of genius, I coordinated a rental spot with my landlord for the next couple of months...mostly so I can avoid being ticketed, and not have to worry about finding a street spot. Last friday, I got my sticker, paid my fee, and thought I had it wrapped up.

I was wrong.

This morning, I was up early and decided to drive over to my spot (it's a couple blocks away from my apt.) and get acquainted with the layout, getting in, getting out, etc. They warned me it was an alley spot, so I thought that might be a good idea.

Wrong, again.

Unless I find a way to molecularly alter physical matter, there is no way my car is going to fit in this spot. It's average size at the bumper, where the nose of the car would be, but only 3.5 feet across at the end of the spot. Where I would need to pull in, and where I could pull in IF I DROVE A MIDGET RACER OR PERHAPS A SCOOTER. Damn you, spot #46.

Or I could just trade in my Mitsubishi for a Geo Metro. I heard they get great gas mileage.