Sunday is a FUNday
Monday, November 14, 2005
Thanks to everyone who attended my 1st annual Turkey-palooza yesterday at Casa de la Jaime. The highlight of my evening came when everyone trickled out at the same time - I went into the living room, and sure enough, The Simpsons had just ended. A typical conclusion to a Sunday evening for my friends.

Big Props to the Potluck People! Thanks to...
Jeff for his carrot casserole (how do you get the top so crunchy?)
Jen for her brie and fruit bravery (success!)
Megan for her SOOPER squash
Nicole for bringing more corn than was present at the very first Thanksgiving dinner
Keith for the much-lauded pumpkin soup
Sean for the beer
Katie for making my favorite stuffing
Barbara for knowing that I love anything dripping in caramel
KateT for the salad (dude, you forgot your dressing)
Doug for the wine
KateK for the cranberry cobbler creation and the wine
Dreamy Dave for the ice

As far as my Miller Lite wishes and Turkey dreams go...well, making the turkey turned out to be a big fiasco. It's a long and un-blogworthy story, so let's just say that I had to buy already done turkey - which made it impossible to make the gravy, so I had to buy store-bought gravy. Aaack, BARF-O-RAMA.

Other than that, everything was fabulous and I hope everyone had a great time. Based on the dog's digestive behavior in the past 24 hours, I would say that all of my friends are REALLY GOOD at giving scraps to the dog when I'm not looking/around.