In which she wonders, "Am I possibly still drunk?"
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Last night was one of those great nights when there is so much fun to be had that no attention whatsoever is paid to the amount of alcohol taken in. When someone (ahem) is a terrible lightweight, this can be a problem.

For those of you that are familiar with East Lakeview, here's the basic schedule of the night. Meet up with college friend AD, purchase wine at Kafka, dinner at Hearty Boys. (Excellent ribeye, by the way, I wholeheartedly recommend it) Out to KitKat Club with AD and boyfriend to have more drinks and, to my surprise, a drag queen! I was so entranced by this man in drag that I wasn't paying attention to what I was consuming. Seriously - it was DISTRACTING how much he looked like a woman. I was very very impressed.

Either way, I got a ride home (Thanks, D) and didn't actually ponder my own drunkenness until I woke up at 2 am. I had passed out. After leaving what I'm sure was a very interesting message on Sean's phone. In a t-shirt. With no pants.

The dog was very confused.

Needless to say, this morning has been...difficult and painful. Hope you all are doing far, far better than I.

Breaking News: Hello, Embarassment! My name is Jamie! Apparently I drunkdialed my mother last night, in response to a message that she had left me. I spoke with her this morning, and she coolly says to me, "How's your head?" and then starts cackling. We allegedly had a looong conversation about Bordo's, drinking merlot, and in the course of the call, I admitted that I had had "one too many." She claims that I didn't say anything of note, but that I was slurring. I just wish I COULD REMEMBER THE DAMN PHONE CALL. Why does this always happen to me?! I am mortified.