La La LAAAAAAA
Friday, December 16, 2005
I heard a song this morning that jump started my childhood memory bank, and served as a logical explanation as to why I am the way I am today. I just hadn't made the connection.

I used to sing. Did you know that, internet? Not professionally, OMG no.

Do you remember that song "Send me an Angel," with the crazy soprano opera voice in the background? SEND ME AN ANGEL (WHOOAAAA OH OHHHHHH) SEND ME AN ANGEL (WHOAAAA OH OH OHHHHHH) RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW! Remember?! Anyways, I heard it on the radio this morning and remembered that, as a child, I used to try and sing that weird, operatic part in the shower. Seriously...I had heard from a friend that shower acoustics were really great, so I decided to try it out.

It didn't help that I'd recently landed a solo in our church choir and was two compliments away from thinking I was the next Barbara Streisand. I vaguely remember my sister saying that she would delete our Wheel of Fortune computer game if I didn't get out of the shower and stop the DAMN SINGING. (Except she didn't say damn because we would have gotten grounded for a year)

Jump forward 15 years, and here I am...former semi-prof. musical participant, shower singer extraordinaire, and lover of all things karaoke. Eureka! It all makes sense now!