Woke up this morning, feeling FIIIINNNNE
Thursday, December 29, 2005
I had two lovely interactions this morning with total strangers. No, I have not succumb to a life of prostitution.

Ladies, chime in if you agree with me on this one -- There are mornings sometimes when 15-25 minutes of extra sleep are WAY more important than showering. During these times, I like to justify myself by way of a quick reminder that it's healthy to NOT wash your hair every day. So I do up a messy pony, slap on some makeup, and do my best to attempt a preppy version of bohemian chic. This morning was one of those mornings.

So it makes sense to me that, on my way to work, I should be treated to a little change of perspective. Aboard the CTA Bus 146, the driver was calling out all the stops old-school style. In fact, he sort of reminded me of that David Spade copy room skit from the mid-90's SNL cast -- same tone of voice. He just seemed like he was having so much fun. I was intrigued, so just before I got off the bus, I said, "You're in an awfully good mood this morning." He replied with a big smile, "I am. I love my job!"

Exiting the McDonald's and headed towards my building, I made eye contact with a man who was sitting on a concrete ledge tying his shoelaces. He was wearing a funny hat, and it made me smile. He said, "Have a great day, young lady." I responded, "Thank you, you too." Then he whistled his way into the restaurant.

It's a sort of universal reminder that even though I sort of smell like sleep, and my hair is dirty, it really doesn't matter. 99.9% of the people I come into contact with don't even notice. Which begs the question - why not do it more often?