Bits & Pieces
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Last night I watched the Golden Globes with cheap, red wine and some fantastic leftovers from Tango Sur. All in all, it was a classic Jamie night. After my second glass of wine, I decided that I needed to stop drinking. And what is the best way to come down off a mild buzz? Walk to the Jewel for Ben & Jerry's, OBVIOUSLY.

So if you saw a girl in blue and green polka dot pajama pants, a grey hooded sweatshirt, khaki suede clogs, and a puffy, white down coat wandering the streets of East Lakeview....well, that was me. My grandmother would have died on the spot if she'd seen me - granted, this is a woman who still wears white gloves and a hat to church. In hindsight, it was pretty entertaining -- I received some pitiful, sympathetic stares that I received from all the post-workout, legging-clad, skinny bitches who watched me as I checked myself (and my tub of Chubby Hubby) out.

Upon my return, the only logical thing left to do was have another glass of wine and go to bed. Good times, good times.