Data Overload
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
I'm in north-central Illinois today (and tomorrow, lucky me) for offsite software training. For those of you that aren't familiar with this type of activity, let me put it this way for your convenience: It's a necessary evil -- sort of like a business casual acid trip with confusing and ambiguous technological terminology, enormous binders full of acronyms and codes, and plexiglass-encased computers, . I'm pretty sure they do that so that people can't hit or break the computers -- I've come close to the edge a couple of times today. Fortunately, I was saved from the brink of self-destruction by one very large chocolate chip cookie, and the discovery of unrestricted internet access in the lab.



For the record, my frustration has nothing to do with my job. I really like my job. It's the damn software that is going to be the death of me. Additionally, I haven't had any Diet Coke today, so perhaps this is all just a bit of an exaggeration.

Then again, maybe not.