Thoughts on commuting halfway to Iowa
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
- It's surprising how energizing "Owner of a Lonely Heart" can be at 6:30 in the morning.

- It's surprising how many drivers already have road rage at 6:30 am - there isn't even any congestion! Why so angry?

- My sympathies go out to the 7-foot + man who was carpooling this morning in the back of a Subaru Outback. Driving behind them, I noticed that his only two seating options were with his head cocked completely to one side, or in a seated fetal position. Robert Ludlow would have hated carpooling in hatchbacks.

- I think in my next life, I'd like to be a truck driver. No rules, make your own schedule, wear whatever you want, no obligation to be polite to people, and you can swear! A lot! And let's not forget-- the horn. 'Nuff said.