Feb. 14 - It's the New VD
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
And by VD, I mean venereal disease. You honestly mean to tell me that you never noticed that coincidence?! Sure, keep telling yourself that.

After some serious self-evaluation, I have decided that this Valentine's Day is going to be somewhat lackluster. I can just tell. Sean travels every week for work (did I ever tell you that, internet?) and is out of town right now (we are celebrating this weekend). The saddest moment? When I received a Valentine's card from my dog. Sent by my mother. (Seriously - she put my own address on the return label, and signed it with a handdrawn paw)

(oh my God, stop it already with the parentheses!)

I have a love/hate relationship with February 14th. I want to be all practical and say gruffly, "It's a Hallmark holiday," but part of me secretly thinks it's sweet and romantic (albeit a bit old fashioned). I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the constant stream flowers and candy being delivered to people on my floor.

On the upside, I work in an oddly shaped building and it's DAMN FUNNY to see the floral delivery staff wandering around the floor, looking at nameplates and doorplates. I pretend to be working, but I'm laughing on the inside.