1 Gin & Tonic, and counting
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Weekend update

Saw: V for Vendetta. On IMAX no less (Sean's clever idea). Despite the occasionally gratuitous violence, I loved it - I'm still thinking about the storyline and the characters. Worst part? Natalie Portman's british accent. Best part? Stephen Fry's portrayal of an enigmatic tv personality.

Read:
Well, started reading a book by No Uncertain Terms by William Safire. It's so interesting and dense, I can only handle it in short bursts.

Ate:
Afghan rice & chicken. Well, technically, Sally Field made it to complement our mother/daughter book club discussion on the Kite Runner...so is it traditional food if it's made by a farm girl from southeast Wisconsin? But it was surprisingly good, and I couldn't taste the cumin (which I hate) at all. Also: yummy make-your-own pizzas at J&J's place. Thanks, guys!

Heard: Found it under the trunk carpet flap that covers my spare tire - Matchbox 20's Mad Season. Sadly the entire CD reminds me of an ugly break-up in college, and yet, some of the songs remain my all time favorites. It also helps that Rob Thomas is so incredibly H.O.T. I'm just sayin'.

Planned: Release of new site - it's coming, I swear.

Realized:
Bosses away at meeting in Russia this week - perfect week to debut new site and get absolutely nothing done. Also, cocktails are the ideal way to wrap up the weekend. But only two. I'm going to stop at two. This is my last one, I swear.