The Girl who cried DIET
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Last night, on my way home from the bus stop, I had an epiphany of sorts. My lack of physical exercise habits is not motivation based at all. It's not an issue of self-discipline either. It's an issue of me being a lazy couch-loving, television loving, processed food loving, sack of medium-sized lazy bones.

Wedding season is fast approaching, and I REFUSE to be the girl on the dance floor with the jiggly chicken wing arms. This means that I actually have to do something about my body - something other than whine, that is. I wrote down some short-term goals on a notepad, took my measurements, and much like last summer/spring, I'm back on the wagon. (I hate that phrase) This isn't like the "diet" I was on about a month ago -- the one that allowed me to eat hash browns for breakfast, consume 64 fluid oz. of Diet Coke daily, and graze over the millions of sugary treats that sit in our office kitchen.

I love that diet. But I digress.

So I went to the damn gym - 20 minutes run/walk on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the Precor, and did situps/pushups at home. I ran, people - you have no idea what this means. I also took photos of myself as motivation. I would post them on this site, but that takes things into a territory that even I am not sure I'm comfortable with. Let's just say that I see my former teeny body in those photos, covered by a big old layer of unnecessary blubber.

Wish me luck!