Drunkenness, Urination, and Spring - Oh my!
Monday, April 24, 2006
"Waiting for You" (Seal) is one of my favorite songs these days. To usher in what I believe is FINALLY spring, I played it on repeat this morning. Like every year, I'm sure our fair city will see about 3 weeks of true spring (at which time my seasonal allergies will flare up). After that, it's just a quick blink of the eye and all of a sudden it's summer.

So I'm celebrating spring today just in case summer comes tomorrow. Because, who really knows? It just might. (Might? May? Oh hell...)

In other news, I got the chance to meet 'Duk in person on Friday night at the book release celebration for his baby, his book Wrigleyworld. I also was lucky to meet several members of the cast & crew at KDuck's Rocketship. It was the first time I have ever met someone from the internet in person, and it was completely bizarre. In a good way. It defies explanation, having to introduce yourself to someone who already knows a bajillion different things about you...anyway, it was a great time and a bunch of friends came out as well to witness me drink 2 beers too many and make an ass of myself. [In my defense, I didn't have time to eat dinner beforehand and didn't realize wedge heels would be so difficult to maneuver at the end of a long night] Congratulations again, Duk!

Also featured this weekend: A trip to the dog park -- complete with Doc's first voluntary water experience, and the adventure of being peed on by a strange and foreign dog (Doc got doused, not me). Sean bought a bike -- an opportunity to consider the prospect for myself, explore the cyclery in my new 'hood, and our first lakefront jaunt with me on rollerblades. While I wasn't exactly graceful, per se, I didn't fall either. SCORE.