In which she shakes her head at how lazy a blogger she is
Friday, April 28, 2006
Seriously, people. What the hell have I been doing this week, other than ignoring my millions of loyal readers?! Here's what:

- Laundry room discovery that a drag queen lives in my apartment building. He/she is quite meticulous about washing his/her undies. Sidenote: he/she has underwear the likes of which I have never before seen in my entire life. I couldn't help but stare at it a little.

- Sean soundly trounced me in 3 rounds of Yahtzee at Guthrie's Tavern. I blame my last, most pathetic round on the fact that (immediately prior to the game) I dropped gnocchi a la vodka down the front of my (only) cashmere sweater. SHIT.

- I have officially decided to put down House of Sand & Fog (see below) and revisit it when I have tons of time to really pay attention. Then again, next time I have that kind of free time, I'll probably spend it shopping for things I don't need at Walgreen's. I swear - I can go in there for Q-Tips, and come out $100 lighter. But, I digress.

- Efforts have been made to prepare for tonight's book club meeting - discussing The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant. Even printed out (in color! excellent use of company resources!) the actual painting by Botticelli for background knowledge. Sadly, favorite sweater will not be worn to the meeting due to unfortunate gnocchi incident.

- Received, and accepted, interesting (and non-paying...sniff) offer from local magazine syndicate to write for a blog section of one of their websites. They found my blog, liked what they saw, and emailed me. Primary objective is to build up content on neighborhoods in Chicago - I'll blog about Lakeview until I move, at which point I'll blog about Printers Row/South Loop. Do I think this will be the next step in my amateur writing career that lands me a cush column at Chicago Magazine? Absolutely not. Do I think it will give me ample justification to buy a laptop, and perhaps to further procrastinate cleaning my apartment? Yep.