Sing Sing Sing
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
I think I may have gotten busted on my home-alone-well-except-for-the-dog-singing-showtunes-at-the-top-of-my-lungs behavior last night. I have some remnants of the Rent soundtrack stuck in my head from last week's inebriate journey into 90's-style AIDS movie-as-a-public-service-announcement-and-won't-you-stop-it-with-the-hyphens-already?

THERE'S ONNNNNLLLYYYY US, THERE'S ONNNNLLLYYY THIS, NO DAYYYYY BUT TODAAAAYYYY

About halfway through my warbling, there was a great commotion upstairs. There are only two options when interpreting the event: (1) my neighbors wished to have a peaceful evening free of my lush, alto vibrato, or (2) their dog, Colby, knocked something very heavy over, causing it to bounce around as it made pounding noises on the floor.

Since heavy objects usually don't bounce...well, let's just say that I stopped singing. It's times like this when I really miss my college roommates, Melanie and Alison, because that is the exact moment when they would have joined in and sung along.