* burp *
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
I find it interesting when I realize my life has been influenced by others. Not the broad strokes, necessarily, but more specific things. Like the time, in junior high, when I was made fun of constantly for my vocabulary -- my parents have a large, and varied, combined vocabulary that is entirely to blame for my status as a social pariah. (It may also have something to do with my not being smart enough to stop talking like a 64-year old) I was using medical terminology and phrases like "The bloom is off the rose," when other kids my age were saying "gnarly," and "party hearty, dudeperson."

It happened again today - a small epiphany this time. I went to grab lunch to bring back to my desk. I walked into the building at 12:30, and it was 12:43 when I was done eating. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND NEEDS TO EAT THAT FAST?! I wasn't even that hungry, and I'm definitely regretting it now.

I blame the speed eating on Sean, although it's been an unconscious transition. He's usually done eating by the time I've finished my salad. He's such a quick eater that I have often wondered how he does it without looking crazy and/or rude. He really pulls it off. Mind you, it doesn't bother me. What do I care? Eat however you want to eat, POWER TO THE PEOPLE. But I never expected the habit to rub off on me. Odd.

Does anyone have Tums? My stomach hurts.