A Question of Decency
Friday, May 12, 2006
Wedding season is upon us, and sadly, I have no idea what to wear. I ordered a dress for my dear friend Emily's wedding - a fabulous one because IN SPITE of what my attitude towards fashion SHOULD be, part of me just wants to look amazing in front of my sorority sisters. Score 1 for vanity, 0 for Jamie.

The dress is gorgeous - black silk, empire waisted, with fuchsia silk spaghetti piping -- halter top - from the ribs up, it actually looks a bit like a designer bikini. This is problematic, actually, because while the dress looks amazing on me, it's very...well...as my friends would say, "boob-a-licious." The girls are definitely making an appearance - I even did a preliminary Y-M-C-A to make sure all would be contained on the dance floor. It's a risk.

How much decolletage does one show at a more conservative event, like a wedding, without appearing tacky or trashy?