This will be...an everlasting love...
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
CELEBRITY SIGHTING! CELEBRITY SIGHTING!

I left work around 6:30 last night, and the sun was in the process of setting which gave Michigan Avenue a warm, yellow glow. I got on the bus, took off my sunglasses, and flipped on my iPod. Yes, I am a walking stereotype. Bite me.

At the corner of Michigan and Pearson, where all the really good tulips are, I looked up and saw....(wait for it)...THAT OVERTANNED, OLDER COUPLE FROM THE eHARMONY COMMERICIALS. You know - the guy looks like a biker whose upper body could stop a speeding train, and the woman is super blond and oddly perky?? Are you with me? Turns out they are even more tan in real life. I tried to find a picture to post with this, but that would have required surfing the eHarmony site, and I wasn't prepared to explain that to my co-workers.

And the worst of it -- they were stopped by a bed of tulips, holding hands, and smelling the flowers. I KNOW. VOM. I looked around quickly for a camera crew, a friend with a camera, SOMETHING that would justify this ridiculously cliche moment. But, no. Nothing. Is it completely cynical of me to think that maybe, in some small measure, that they're kidding themselves? Or worse yet, pretending? I guess online dating must work...maybe too well, in some cases.

I stifled a laugh, breathed an enormous sigh of relief that I'm not single, and went home.