What do you say? The Cubs are gonna win to--oh, never mind
Friday, May 19, 2006

Well our beloved Cubs did not win yesterday's game against the Washington Nationals. Speaking of which, doesn't anyone in the state of Washington get angry about this colloquially incorrect naming convention? Shouldn't it be the District of Columbia Nationals, or more casually, the Washington D.C. Nationals? Regardless, the Cubs got their asses handed to them on a platter. So much so that we left mid-eighth inning so we could beat the crowds and get ourselves some dinner.

The thing I love most about my friends is that they share my denial when it comes to the reality of us becoming adults. We refuse to believe that our personal and professional development is the reason that we can almost never find time to hang out. Turns out that the best time for us to hang out is IN THE MIDDLE OF A WORKDAY. Who knew?! We were so excited to be together, all in one place, and drinking beer that we didn't even watch the first 4 innings of the game.

No, seriously. At one point, Jen turned to me and asked if it was a bad thing to clap along with the home crowd, if she had no earthly idea what had just happened to warrant said clapping. I didn't have a good answer. That topic quickly faded as the beer man came around, and winked at me. A heated debate followed as to the intended recipient of the cheesy wink, and it was not Kate as I had hoped. It was me. This was confirmed when he came by later, and actually used the line, "Ok, I'll need to see your ID and your phone number." Wink. Barf.


Because I'm not as quick on my feet as I would like to be, I didn't respond with anything funny like, "Do you actually ever get chicks with that line?" or "Once you see my ID, you won't want my phone number." I just laughed with the tone of, "You are scary, please give me my Budweiser and walk away." But he didn't walk away - instead, he whipped out 4 bumper-sticker-like promotional flyers about how he's DJ'ing at Zentra this weekend. Apparently his DJ alter ego is "DJ Chilla."

Spare me. We accepted the flyers, I made the Kates put them in their purses so as not to be rude...then we waited the obligatory 15 seconds to allow him to walk away before we judgmentally ripped into him and cackled aloud like the sometimes-trixies that we are. It's true, so you can SUCK IT if you think I'm a bitch, internet land. Anyone who comes at me with a line like that is putting himself on the chopping block.


After we left the stadium, we headed over to Sports Corner b/c we knew we could not only get a table, but I could also order my beloved Buffalo Chicken Wrap. Following dinner, we headed back to my place and got sucked into a lifetime movie - which is pretty much par for the course. Two hours later we were only sort of sober, and mostly just tired so we parted ways.


All in all, it was a great day.