Eeeeeee!
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
I just used my credit card in a very bad way, that I've been told not to. (slaps own hand) The Dixie Chicks are touring this summer with their album - I believe it's called the "Accidents and Accusations" Tour. (Isn't that a line from a Simon & Garfunkel song?) Regardless, upon finding out they would be at our very own United Center, I instantly started researching how pricey the good seats would be.


Side note: In 6th grade, I went to a NKOTB concert and despite having very good seats from which I could drool over Donny Wahlberg (stop laughing), I spent most of the concert in the bathroom convinced that blood was coming from my ears. I don't think I've ever been in that much pain. My mother thought I'd blown an eardrum. Every concert since has been an experiment in cochlear tolerance - my version of musical therapy.

Turns out that really good seats are roughly double the face value - which isn't bad in my honest opinion. The concert is around the same time as my birthday, and my sister has agreed to not only accompany me, but also to reimburse me for half of the cost of my ticket as my birthday gift! It should be fun, and instead of having my usual buyers remorse, I'm going to celebrate! TAKE THAT, MASTERCARD! Where's the chocolate cake?

Seriously though - I sometimes forget that my married-SUV-driving-home-owning-mother-of-two(!)-sister has yet to turn 30. Good lord, people - if I can't take a fellow twentysomething to a concert, then what else am I to do with this "credit" that I'm supposedly qualified to have? I ASK YOU.