Monday Confession
Monday, June 05, 2006
As many of my good friends know, I have a secret side that doesn't show its face very often. I like to call it my "Inner Jennifer Lopez." In college, my IJL was the teeny voice in my head justifying purchases like backless silver tank tops featuring an array of straps, rhinestone accents, and general glitz.

Other friends have been unlucky enough to witness the appearance of my IJL on the dance floor. One evening post-Cubs-game-where-someone-else-was-buying-the-beer involved me, my long hair, and a huge fan on the mainstage at Cubby Bear. Whoops.

That being said, I must admit something that I've kept in the deepest, darkest caverns of my consciousness.

I love Deep South hip hop.

To wit: I cannot get enough of the "Miss New Booty" song by Bubba Sparxx. Something in it just harks to my inner stripper, my IJL. You all have a stripper song, so don't even TRY TO DENY IT.

Phew! I feel so much better having gotten that out of my system.