Movin' on Up...Nothing can stop me
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Remember that awful dance song from the early 90's? TIME TO BREAK FREE, NOTHING CAN STOP ME...YEEA-UUHHH...

Earlier this week, I got the chance to introduce Sally Field to the new condo (Dick Cheney has already seen it). Full Disclosure: Sally has been bugging me about it for weeks now, and I finally found the time to venture over there during the workday.

It's pretty much gutted right now with a few exceptions. They put down the new floors in the kitchen and bathroom (California Gold slate and white ceramic respectively), and began installing the cabinetry in those rooms. Everything else is pretty much missing...no toilet, no work done on the tub/shower, no doors, etc. I discovered that the view is not directly into someone else's unit, but rather a view of a small, gabled, intermediate roof. Which means that if the building is on fire, I can at least get out my windows and jump to my death from the 3rd floor instead of the 11th. So I got that goin' for me.

Sally, who possesses MAD sewing skills, measured the windows for curtains while I wandered around imagining all the appliances that I will lick vigorously once they are installed. Recipients of the first 2 licks will be the dishwasher and garbage disposal. Then maybe a 3rd for the ice maker. Oh, baby. I was so hot and bothered about the machinery that I completely forgot to take pictures with my phone.

Seriously though, seeing the unit again got me really excited about the entire process. It's been such a long process, that I really haven't allowed myself to think about it. I'm fairly sure that this lil' blog will be neglected a bit in the upcoming months, as I pack furiously, sell things on Craigslist, cry about how expensive it is to move, and shop for paint. Maybe I'll buy some boxes this weekend, and get the party started.