Please, MAKE IT STOP!
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Everywhere I turn, I keep hearing people say, "Git 'r Done!" I'm beside myself with this -- is it not the most annoying phrase ever uttered? On what planet is it funny, or entertaining? What the hell does it even mean?! I hear it, and have to fight off the urge to rock back and forth, aimlessly, in the corner of my apartment, muttering incoherently to myself.


I understand the appeal of certain types of humor - "redneck" humor included. This does not mean that I want to see people like my coworkers, my family, or my friends, scream "Git 'r Done!" at the top of their lungs. Go ahead and accuse me of not having a sense of humor if you want - it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I categorize this phrase along with other irritating word groupings like, "Gag me with a spoon," "I'm down with it," "Drop it like its hot," and "What's the 411?" Somebody please explain the appeal to me, because I'm just not feelin' it. Larry the Cable Guy is a fictional character, not a cultural icon.