Shock & Awe
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Every so often, I see a photo of a celebrity that really hits me hard. This afternoon, I had the misfortune of seeing this photo:


It's been my experience that the camera doesn't just add 10 pounds - sometimes it adds 15 just for fun. Every celebrity knows their good side, good angles, and best poses for photographing. Victoria Beckham is HEAD-ON-FLUSH-FRONT-STARING-YOU-IN-THE-FACE in this picture, and I'm truly frightened by it. How skinny must she be in reality to appear this horrifyingly thin on film?

Not to mention that her fake breasts are sitting atop her sternum (which I can also see, sadly) like those domes you see on the side of the highway -- you know, the ones that house salt for the snowplows in winter?

I'm saddened by this photograph, and suddenly thankful for my size 10 (maybe 12 in some pants) ass. I also feel sad for mothers out there, who see this and think, "Wow - she's had 3 kids?!" and then run to the gym to work out. Not to mention that she's teaching her sons a completely bizarre form of physical normalcy - one that no woman can attain without great amounts of plastic surgery.

I just don't get it - do men really find this attractive?