Taking Stock
Friday, June 23, 2006
This morning, I realized that my blog was 2 years old yesterday. You heard me right -- YESTERDAY. I celebrated my 2nd blogi-versary with a post about how pudding had betrayed me.

Hmmm.

Strangely, I'm sort of not surprised that I overlooked the date. I'm also not surprised that my post was so lame -- because sometimes? I'm just a loser like that.

The huge celebrations that were going to happen (lake cruise with Mayor Daley, parade in my honor, and of course, the Pulitzer ceremony) will be overshadowed by the Gay Pride Festival this weekend. And my niece's 3rd birthday, of course -- she's got me by a year, I must admit.

Go out there and celebrate this weekend! Feet Firmly Planted is 2!

While you're at it, have a drink for me because my tolerance is dwindling in a frightening fashion these days, and I'm not in the mood to be hung over.