Strange Brew
Friday, July 28, 2006
The past couple weeks have been strange, and I can't put my finger on an explanation. I've never had a need for medication of the anti-anxiety/anti-depression type and kind, but this week has proven to me that I can very much empathize with those folks who rely daily on the stability of those medications.

I'm living amongst boxes (my own doing, really) and I don't move for another 5 weeks. In preparation for said move, I'm attempting to curb my spending across the board. Those who know me well realize how difficult this is for me, as I am wont to "flexible" budgeting and all manners of justification when it comes to buying things. I'm trying, I really am. Those who criticize my financial decision have no concept of how difficult this stuff is for me.

Wahhhh, waaaaah. Somebody call the WAAAAH-mbulance. Get it together, Jamie.

Sean leaves tomorrow for a 2-week business trip to India - a considerable blip in the routine of my life (and his, no doubt). In this time, I feel as if I'm offered the chance to recoup, lick my wounds, and get my ass in gear. Not that his presence keeps me from doing these things normally, but there is something healing about isolation and introspection.

Even the dog seems to know something is wrong. In the middle of Project Runway last night, I realized my lap was empty, and went to investigate. (In a 607 square foot apartment, this doesn't take long) I found him lying pathetically in his bed, surrounded by his favorite purple, security blanket.


If his bed wasn't coated in dog hair tumbleweeds, and sturdy enough to hold my weight, I would have curled up right alongside of him.


Time to snap out of it. Have a great weekend, everyone.