Huzzah!
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
27 years ago, Sally Field was on a hospital bed outside Atlanta, recovering from the birth of ME. And the world was never the same...

My sister and I went to the Dixie Chicks concert last night to celebrate. It was so much fun - the entire arena had such a great vibe to it. We had gay men in front of us, PHENOMENAL seats, a couple little girls and their moms next to us...it really was a diverse crowd. My tie-me-up-tie-me-down high heels were hurting by 10:45pm, but BOY was it worth it. I would have taken my camera, but frankly, I didn't want to lug it around. And the photos I took with my cell phone suck. So you're just going to have to use your imagination on the visuals.

The music was a nice blend of pickin-n-grinnin, their old albums, and their new stuff. Very little was said of the 2003 controversy regarding their thoughts on our Chief in Command, although I did see one woman with a shirt on that read, "I hated Bush before it was cool." The Dixie Chicks also mentioned how much they liked Chicago because it was child-friendly, and that they had been enjoying the city with their families. This made me oddly happy, like when a friend from out of town compliments you on your home. It was nice to know they think well of our city - I hope they come back soon!

Thanks for a great birthday celebration, Jo! Love you!