It's a sickness, really
Monday, August 21, 2006
I have been packing all summer long in preparation for my upcoming move (which is still 3 weeks away). Not only has it confused the dog profoundly, but it has shed some light on a serious problem of mine -- organizationus hyperanalus crazycitis. I treat every move as a golden opportunity to purge unnecessary, material possessions -- donate clothes, have a yard sale, sell things on Craigslist...and yet, I still have things to pack. OH, THE THINGS I STILL HAVE TO PACK. Why do I have so much shit lying around? Where did all of this come from?!

Packed this weekend: DVD, VCR, throw pillows, towels, my mind
Not packed this weekend: Electric griddle, blender, crockpot, weird shoe rack thingy

I thought moving was supposed to be an emotional catharsis - lose the unnecessary, gain a fresh perspective, you know, a generally enlightening event. Yeah, um, not so much. All of this prep work had better pay off on moving day, because I am about to lose it.