Maybe there is something to this superstition thing
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
As I left my apartment yesterday morning, I noticed that some men were setting up tall ladders in our courtyard -- ostensibly to do some sort of roof repair, or maybe windows. Laughing in the face of superstition, which I'm not entirely sure I believe in, I crossed underneath one of the ladders and continued on to the bus stop.

Events that occurred yesterday that were clearly brought on by my bad karmic behavior:

1. Deadline shift on work project which will involve much wringing of hands while I wait for someone else to complete something so I can wrap things up

2. My favorite flip-flops broke

3. Blogger still won't let me attach photos to my NASCAR wrap-up post, which is several weeks old now

4. My pants broke -- at work

5. Those guys? The ones doing the repairs? Yeah...they let themselves into my apartment to do something with the windows, set MY APARTMENT up as their storage space (it is now full of windows, window pieces, screens, you name it), TURNED MY AIR CONDITIONING UNIT DOWN 10 DEGREES and left it like that for me to find when I returned home.

6. Oh yes, and they also left my door unlocked. UN. LOCKED.

7. In my fury, I went downstairs to inspect a "sign" that had been posted about the repairs and promptly locked myself out of my apartment.

8. Except the door was unlocked, which means that in UNLOCKING my apartment, they also managed to break one of the locks. I now have to jiggle my key just the right way to get the damn door to open.

Somebody needs a cocktail.

Next up on Feet Firmly Planted...Adventures In Having the Biggest Forehead In the Known Universe! And after that? A repeat showing of "Facial Contortions: How to Look like a Man and Visually Detach your Chin - all in one, easy motion!"

Stay tuned.