On Being a Redhead
Monday, August 14, 2006
Lately, I've been noticing a lot of poorly executed red dye jobs. Folks, there is a reason only 3% of the world's population have red hair -- only certain types of people can really pull it off. I only know a handful of women who have the right complexion to successfully dye their hair ANY shade of red. I say this with the utmost respect for women who try to capture the right color...it's hard work, and from what I hear, pretty damned expensive.

Here's a quick lesson for anyone out there who is thinking about taking the plunge. (Oh, and to the woman I saw on the bus this morning with magenta/purply/eggplanty hair? Franke Potente did it already. The jig is up. Your hair looks like a wig. I'm just sayin'.)

FABULOUS REDHEAD REPRESENTATIVES




Honorable mentions to Geri Halliwell of Spice Girl fame, who recently returned to her roots (quite literally), and Rene Russo who is back in action after a long, dirty blonde hiatus.

REDHEADS WHO ARE CLEARLY IN DENIAL AND SHOULD RETURN TO THE MOTHERSHIP POST HASTE





Honorable mention to Kate Winslet, who seems to have abandoned her gorgeous, natural ginger color and chosen a sickly, wash-me-out-makes-Jamie-pout dishwater blonde. COME BACK TO US, KATE. PUH-LEASE?

OK, I feel better now. Rant over. Consider yourself educated.