You got a haircut? Which one? (yuk yuk)
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
I'm cheating on my hairstylist tonight with another man. His name is Donovan. I was flipping through photos in a magazine last night, wondering which direction I should take with the ol' mane...every picture I saw? Done it. Been there. Gelled that. Here is the hilarious and retina-scorching evidence of my many hairy blunders.

(in chronological order)

Kindergarten - my first set of bangs!

1st grade - still rockin' the bangs, but now look mysteriously like a boy
Not like that button down helped. Thanks, Mom.

Junior High - So begins my ill-fated love affair with wearing my hair half-up and half-down. All that energy spent on my hair, that clearly should have been applied towards rethinking my wardrobe.
Interestingly, I remember those earrings specifically -- they were from Claire's and were the biggest earrings my mother would allow. Good thing I paired them with that shirt - it clearly needed to be spiced up.

High School - Grade 11 - This is the year I began dating for the first time. I had two dates that year. I think we all know why:
This is my fake smile - the one that is supposed to be hiding my anger at arriving to school with my hair in a ponytail and FORGETTING IT WAS FLIPPING SCHOOL PICTURE DAY. (I had a habit of doing this...that is why you don't see my sophomore year photo here. Yikes) Anyone with naturally curly hair knows that once you put your hair up? It's up, sucka. Also, I was attempting to hide my braces. Go Huskies!

Part II: "The College Years and Onward" coming tomorrow. Stay tuned!