Hallowienie Brainstorming
Friday, September 22, 2006
Okay, so maybe I just wanted to say "wienie" right there. So sue me.

Here's the deal - Halloween is right around the corner, whether we like it or not. My sister is in semi-crisis mode, trying to figure out what to dress her children as for the big event. My niece is 3, and my nephew is 1. So she's basically got an open playing field because the kiddies can't fight back -- she could dress them up as Joliet and Lewis, put them in a wagon disguised as a canoe, and teach Bri to say "we come in peace," and they would go along with it. That's the beauty of having kids -- it gives you someone to embarass all in the name of "good, clean fun."

I, for one, am not a fan of matchy-matchy Halloween costumes (with the singular exception of the time Jen and Jeff went as Mike & Carol Brady). When adults show up to a party dressed as (a) an outlet and plug, (b) salt and pepper, or (c) ketchup and mustard, it drives me batty. With kids, however, it's a completely different ballgame.

So this is what I'm asking: Oh, readers of the best website ever, if YOU had young children, what pairing would YOU make them dress as? Comment with your suggestions.

For the record, I've already suggested:
Snow White & Poopy (the little-known 8th dwarf)
Dorothy & Toto
Cher & Sonny

Or perhaps, they dress individually? What about...

Hugh Hefner?
Whats-her-face who got booted by Trump?

Fire away with the suggestions!