Let's Just Write SUCKER on my Forehead and Call It a Day
Friday, September 29, 2006
So that great buzz I had going this morning? The good mood? It's gone. Left the building.

Dropped my car off at the mechanic this morning for a lube/oil/filter/doohicky service. For the record, my mechanic charges $17.95 for this service.

As of the last phone call I received, the bill stands at $580. Mind you, I'm approving all of this work because:

(1) I sort of trust them
(2) I don't know how to fix spark plugs, engine wires, and valve cover gaskets, and
(3) I just want it done.

Am I getting hosed? Perhaps. Frankly, I'm beyond the point of caring right about now. I don't have the time or the energy to run around town having several mechanics give me estimates -- I have this thing called A JOB. I also have a complex about scrimping when it comes to large ticket items - especially the ones that, if in a state of ill repair, could be deadly to myself, my passengers, or innocent bystanders. I guess I'll just open up my wallet, because my sense of humor has run dry.

I'm officially down - anyone want to kick me?

Needless to say, it's been a rough week. Here's hoping the next one is a little bit better. Because, at this point, there's nowhere to go but up.