Pass the Lava Soap, Please
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Took today, tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday off for painting and moving into the new place. God Bless Dick Cheney and Sally Field, for they majorly saved my lily white ass today -- I got a million lessons on how NOT to paint, chips & french onion dip when my mother noticed I was seriously stressing about what color the paint would ACTUALLY be when it dried, and the list goes on. They are the best, and I cannot imagine not having them around.

Once the painting is finished, I'll toss up some before & after photos for you lovely folks to see.

To say that I'm excited would be accurate, but to say that I'm more excited NOT to live in my current apartment? Well, that would just be the understatement of the century. Everytime I walk in, I love my new place more and more.

Unlike my apartment, I will actually miss this:

I took this from the alleyway outside my back door - 6 blocks away from the field. When the Cubs have a night game, the lights from Wrigley Field always manage to illuminate the surrounding neighborhood. It's an eerie thing (esp. once the game has finished and the crowds die down, but the lights stay on for the cleaning crews), but one of my favorite things about living here. It feels as if a space ship has landed in the middle of the north side. So strange, and so cool.