Turpentine and Other Adventures
Friday, September 15, 2006
Highlights of painting: DAY TWO

- Avoiding the eye contact of skeevy Home Depot paint guy while he mixes up an extra gallon of "Gobi Desert" Behr Premium Plus (also known as a dark khaki)

- Realizing that haste in leaving said Home Depot (in order to avoid further contact with skeevy paint guy) did not pay off: the wrong base was used. Second trip to Home Depot begins...

- Getting rear-ended by a woman named Carmel while attempting to merge on Congress Parkway. I don't know what was more disturbing - that she thought I wasn't there RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER CAR, or that her name is Carmel. Perhaps she has a sister named Butterscotch?

- Back pain

- Ordering pizza from a neighborhood joint, and having them mistakenly deliver it less than 1/4 block. Gee, thanks, stupid order taker guy. I said pickup, you heard delivery. Now your delivery guy thinks I'm the laziest person on earth.

- Paint fumes

- Getting used to have color (!) in my place of residence. I've been renting for so long, that I'd almost begun to think white was "just fine." Now I have to completely reprogram myself.

On deck for tomorrow? A wedding shower, AND a bachelorette party! I'll be making a seamless transition from tea cups and knife sets to penis straws and drunkenness.

At least it doesn't involve painting. Opa!