Vroom Vroom
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
It is said by many women that their husbands/boyfriends/fiancees can never seem to conquer the whole gift-giving concept. I have heard endless complaints about gifts gone horribly wrong -- most women will admit that although they might REALLY REALLY REALLY want something mundane, like a toaster, it is decidedly unromantic to actually give her the toaster as a gift.

I cannot explain this female double standard. It's one of those parts of life that are always true -- much like the idea of women being worse at parallel parking, or men never being able to get their clothes INTO the actual hamper.

I must also admit that while many times I subscribe to this theory of non-practical gifting, I also really LOVE getting what I want. (who doesn't?) If I ask for something unromantic for a birthday, or a holiday, then I'm fully prepared to get it. I wouldn't ask for it otherwise. *

Which is why I found my birthday gift from Sean so perfect -- it's what I wanted, and he found a way to make the money I'd saved to buy it go that much further. Who care's if it's not romantic? It's exactly what I wanted, and that's the sexiest thing about it. Thank you, Sean!


* Note to all men reading this, including Sean: I am not like most women. Before you purchase the utilitarian gift, make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that she doesn't want that other gift more, or else? Ouchtown, Sofa City - Population: YOU.