Accidentally Left my Halter Top and Beer in the Car
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
On the way home from Madison, WI, this weekend, Sean did something very wonderful for me.

He let me drive out of our way to Cambridge, WI, to visit the Matt Kenseth Fan Club Headquarters. Oh yes, I went there. And I enjoyed myself, thank you very much. Because when you think about it...well, it was only 20 minutes away and he IS my favorite driver.


Regardless, the whole experience was interesting and fun. Matt's most famous trophies are housed there, along with a host of paraphenalia. There's a couple photo albums out, along with scrapbooks of fan letters sent in from children all over the nation. The merchandise store was a foregone conclusion, but I didn't expect to be able to get right up next to some of his cars - you can't touch them, but I could see everything inside! Very interesting, at least to me.

The best part of the visit was the small countertop display of CDs near the front desk/cash register. My initial reaction was something like, "Oh God, his favorite band is Metallica. Please LORD tell me that he didn't try and record a CD."

Turns out? It's his grandma Edith's CD - a recording of her playing classic Christmas carols on the piano. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CUTE IS THAT?! I like him even more now.


Oh, and did I mention that he's currently ranked #1 in the chase for the championship? BOOYAH.