For the LOVE OF GOD somebody help me
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
This weekend, I will be attending the wedding of my good friend Heather. She is marrying a super nice guy named Scott. I met Heather when we both pledged the same sorority in college. She is the only person I know who can manage to be flat-out honest and yet completely diplomatic at the same time. Perhaps this is why she is a lawyer.

Long story short, I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out what to wear to her wedding. The gorgeous, kelly green, grecian style halter dress that I ordered online didn't work out - it was too cheaply made for the price, and quite frankly, I just didn't look right in it. So last night was a blur of obscenities as I struggled to narrow down 2 final outfits.

You know, I feel a bit like Cher Horowitz in Clueless, only without the massive wardrobe and electric closet display rail system.

Then it occurred to me that THIS(!) is exactly the reason I have a blog. I'm going to make you lovely readers decide my outfit. You will have all final input and decision making powers, so use them wisely. Write-in votes will not be accepted - you have two candidates and you must choose.

Seen here, we have a navy silk dress, accompanied by matching Ralph Lauren slingbacks. The dress is very comfy, and the shoes? Well, they're working on it.


Here is option two - a black, wool crepe shift, with matching Nine West 40's-style stilettos. Shoes are a bit painful, but the dress makes me feel like Jessica Rabbit (in a good way).


My apologies for the poor photo angle - gotta love how it adds 10 pounds of shadow. THAT'S HOT.