Very Hairy
Thursday, November 02, 2006
But not for long -- I made an appointment last night to have all of my hair chopped off and donated.

deep breath

Next wednesday, November 8th, I will be going from what you see in the sidebar to something on the TASTEFUL side of this:



Just kidding. It will probably be shorter.

I'm doing this for two reasons, really:

1. My hair is healthy, the color is in demand, and so long that I am really tired of dealing with it - it's everywhere. Stuck in the straps of my handbags, on the bathroom floor, clogging up the drains. I need to cut it anyway.

2. My hair will grow back quickly - at approximately 1/2 inch per month. Someone out there needs this hair a LOT more than I do, and theirs might never come back. It seems selfish to keep it, in a way.

I haven't had my hair super short since the 2nd grade, when I was often mistaken for a little boy. (my unisex name didn't help matters) Regardless, what's done is done, and I should be able to post some interesting photos next week...if it turns out horrendously, I welcome any/all laughter and mocking...and if it turns out beautifully, I fully expect loads of praise about how timelessly beautiful I am.


photo courtesy of Hair Boutique