And Here I Thought that Pedigree Commercial was Bad
Thursday, March 15, 2007
I adopted my dog Doc from a wonderful lady named Lois, who runs the Animal Service League in Dowagiac, Michigan. Every so often, when I'm considering another pet (which is more and more often these days, even though I know it would be bad timing), I surf their site looking for my next bundle of fur. I also surf the websites of approximately 9-10 other shelters, but that is beside the point.

Tonight I came across this. I think it goes without saying that I'm an advocate of purchasing a pet from a responsible, accredited breeder, or BETTER YET, adopting/rescuing -- cat, dog, ferret, it makes no difference.



Please read that article, and please: If you're getting a pet, please at least consider adoption. It is one of the best things you can ever do for your soul - not to mention, for your karma.