These Songs Make Me Laugh Hysterically, What Can I Say?
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
This weekend, I'm off to Florida with my best girlfriends to visit our missing limb,Jen. See, she flew the coop after senior year of high school and left us for the sunshine (and equestrians) in South Carolina. (Go Cocks!) Ever since, we've been telling ourselves we would visit. But as we all know, life gets complicated and busy, and POOF! it's 2007 and we still haven't done it. But that will all change as of midday Friday, when Kate, Kate, the Other Jen, and I will hit the land of hurricanes and mall walkers. WATCH OUT!

In celebration of our much-needed vacation to the Land o' Mickey, I decided to throw together a good, old-fashioned mixtape. Just like high school...only on CD. (I was never very skilled with the dubbing on cassette players anyway) My original thought was a CD for each year of high school - like Freshman Year's Greatest Hits, but do you have ANY IDEA how many hilarious and memorable songs happened between Fall of 1993 and Spring of 1997?! About eleventy million, that's how many. So many that I don't even care that I just completely dated myself by telling the entire internet when I graduated high school.

And, for the record, I am on our 10-year reunion committee. Once an apple polisher, always an apple polisher, I suppose. That's a story for another blog entry. But I digress.

I have had the unfortunate task of picking only the most upbeat, memorable songs from each year - I'm trying to keep it on two CDs, folks! It hasn't been easy. And for your entertainment and enjoyment, here is a list of all the songs that did not make the cut for The Official Reunion Girls-Gone-Wild Vacation CD. Two beers, and I'm drunk! Woot!

If I had a million dollars and forty more CD-Rs, I would have included these:

Freshman Year: 93-94
All That She Wants - Ace of Base
Mr. Wendal - Arrested Development
What is Love - Haddaway
Sweat - Inner Circle
Short Dick Man - 20 Fingers
Because The Night - 10,000 Maniacs

Sophomore Year: 94-95
If You Go - Jon Secada
Runaround - Blues Traveler
1st of the Month - Bone Thugz-n-Harmony

Junior Year: 95-96
In the House of Stone & Light - Martin Page
I Wish - Skee Lo
No Diggity - Blackstreet f. Dr. Dre
Change the World - Eric Clapton
Every Day is a Winding Road - Sheryl Crow
Killing Me Softly - The Fugees

Senior Year: 96-97
Don't Speak - No Doubt
Foolish Games - Jewel
The Freshmen - Verve Pipe
Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison
Ooh Aah - Gina G
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Bitch - Meredith Brooks