Addicted
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Over the past year or so, I have been incessantly yammering about wanting another dog. I realize it's sort of a dodgy topic - it would require a bit more money, a bit more time, and a bit more attention. On the flip side, can you imagine the payoff? More puppy love, more excitement on walks, and being able to save a dog from months spent in a kennel, or worse, euthanasia.

You can imagine my shock and delight at finding this young chap online this morning at Chicago's AntiCruelty Society. I cannot express to you how badly I want to bring him home with me TODAY - not only is he half-black Lab, half-long dog (like Doc), but he has one of the best pet names I've ever heard.

Here's the issue - before I was kidding, and now I'm starting to get serious. I really, really like this dog, despite all of the convincing reasons why I should wait to get another one. Please leave a comment with a reason why I shouldn't get another dog - I need to hear some common sense, because otherwise I will go over there after work and get the damn dog. HELP!