Blah Monday
Monday, September 24, 2007
I'm rather uninspired lately, what can I say? I had a great weekend, even though the weather was WAAAY too hot for late September. We're going through some sort of freak heat wave - it was 87 yesterday! Yuck!

Needless to say, the planned transition of cold weather clothing that I had scheduled for Sunday evening didn't exactly happen.

Saturday was a great day - vet appointment early, then brunch at Cafe Mediterra, then off to the Art Institute of Chicago with Kate, Kate, and Jen. All too often, I overlook all of the amazing things to do in Chicago! I'm six blocks away from the Art Institute, and yet the last time I went was in the 5th grade. Sad. So my wonderful, flexible friends indulged my unusual request to see some obscure photography exhibits. After the museum, we headed across the street to the always-classy Bennigan's for cocktails, chips, and salsa. Helloo, margarita. How I've missed you, my sweet.

Besides, who needs dinner when you can just have two margaritas and exactly 29 tortilla chips? Did you know salsa is zero points? RAWK!

Saturday night, I realized that I was coming down with something courtesy of an almost-fainting episode following a disco nap and shower. Half hour later, I was sweating out a 101-degree fever on my couch, heavily dosed on ibuprofen and bad HBO movies (Spanglish, anyone? BY GOD, Tea Leoni's character makes me CA-RAZY). I managed to finish a double review and took my sorry arse to bed, only to break the fever in the middle of a not-so-restful night.

Sunday, I met up with my mom, my sister, and my niece and nephew for some fall fun. We hit up an orchard to take a wagon ride, do the petting zoo thing, etc. Seeing as how it was hotter than Hades outside, we made the best of it. I also walked away with a 5-pound bag of honeycrisp apples, so all is well that ends well. See also: inadvertant sunburn.

I stopped at IKEA on the way home for some (non)essentials, and made it in AND out in less than 1 hour! I consider that a feat for a Sunday afternoon.

Now it's Monday, and another boring week lies ahead. Bring on the to-do list!