It Feels Like Monday
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
So here's the nutshell version of the weekend.

Got a dresser off of Craigslist that I'm not terribly thrilled about. It'll do for the time being (and looks MUCH better now that I have put new hardware on the front), but to be honest, I'm just not loving it. Then again, it was cheap and the dude delivered, so I should just shut up about it already.

Did some serious cleaning, including shampooing the carpet in my condo. Over the course of the last week, the dog decided to pee somewhere in the back half of the apartment. I don't know about you, but I'm not a huge fan of coming home to the stink of dog piss, so I felt it was time to clean the carpet. Found the pee stain, and tried everything under the sun (including Nature's Miracle, vinegar, baking soda, and carpet shampoo spot-treatment) to clean and deodorize it. May have ruined my beloved Dyson attempting to vacuum up the loose baking soda from the spot, only to find that my vacuum is now covered in a urine/vinegar/baking soda paste. (sob) The stain is still there. It still reeks.

Took in some estimates for hardwood flooring.

Did 3 loads of laundry. I swear to God, I am the only single person I know who does this much laundry. I'm a clean person, but not freakishly so. Do I have too much clothing? Should I be wearing things twice before I wash them? I don't get it.

Made a conscious effort to NOT call up my best friend Kate upon hearing this news because she is a Michigan alum and (like many other alums) sensitively defensive about her beloved Wolverines. I did, however, make the decision to mention it here on my blog because (a) I can, and (b) MAN, WAS THAT EVER A FANTASTIC BUTT-WHOOPIN'. Anyone who has graduated from a Big Ten school can appreciate how easy the first game of the season is meant to be - it's meant to be a walk in the park and everyone knows it. UM paid near $400K to bring App. State in for the game, only to have their precious, little asses handed to them. See ya, Lloyd Carr, wouldn't want to be 'ya.

Hung out with friends and drank too much beer while playing Nudie Photo Hunt at the bar across the street.

Watched Reno 911! Miami and Hot Fuzz. I personally thought the former was funnier, but I would recommend both. They managed to take my mind off of the urine paste in my vacuum for awhile.