Playing Dress Up
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
So here's the deal. My 10 year high school reunion is in 3 weeks, and I have nothing to wear. And by "nothing," I mean "I have a dress but I'm not sure I'll fit, and all throughout my childhood we celebrated big events by purchasing new outfits so that is what I would rather do, because it's WAY more fun than wearing something I already have."

Ladies, help me out. I would like to wear a dress, but so many cocktail dresses make me look like I'm trying too hard.

I've been all over the internet - Nordstrom, ShopBop, eLuxury, Banana Republic, and most major department stores including the ones I can't afford to shop at - Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.

J.Crew had some lovely options, and I've been back in their consumer pool after they vowed to stop using fur...but all their dresses are silk which only leaves me looking like a bridesmaid.

I tried the Ann Taylors, WhiteHouse BlackMarket, and even Amazon for God's sake. Even my beloved BlueFly was a dead end.

Any suggestions on where I should look? I want something classic, preferably in a print, in a forgiving silhouette (NOT babydoll for the love of all that is holy), and makes my boobs look good.

Thoughts?