Random Observations
Thursday, September 20, 2007
This has been a strange week - I sort of feel as though I'm underwater. Everything has been moving slowly, languidly, then once or twice a day, I'll mentally surface and realize time is speeding by - things are noisier in these moments. It makes me just want to dive back under. Weird.

Observations:

1. Talking to Sean when he is overseas is strange. I'm lucky to have all my family here in the US, so I rarely have international phone calls. I'm always dumbfounded by the call quality, and how there is almost zero delay. I know it sounds stupid, but I guess I'll always be one of those people who thinks technology is just STRANGE.

2. Eating 2 cups of grapes is really difficult. Have you ever sat down to eat 2 or more cups of any given fruit or vegetable? I portioned out all my food last night (post-grocery store run, like a good little dieter) so I could grab something on the way out the door this morning. I did, and now I've got this damn bag o'fruit on my desk, mocking me. It's going to take me all afternoon to eat these grapes, I swear.

3. I don't drink orange juice nearly enough. The more pulp, the better. Too bad it's so high in sugar.

4. Generally, I avoid teeny bopper shows and movies (with few exceptions such as "John Tucker Must Die" and "The Devil Wears Prada") but last night, I got sucked into "The Gossip Girl" on the CW. It's embarassing to admit, but I am h-o-o-k-e-d.

5. Once upon a time, I sincerely enjoyed ironing. It's luster has faded, however, as evidenced by the leaning tower of button-downs and work pants on my dining room table. Dammit.