SuperAdequate
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Note to self: when you get all excited and motivate to be productive after watching an episode of Making The Team 2: The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders (which of course makes you nostalgic and also feel like a fat, corporate schlub), DO NOT ATTEMPT A BAKING PROJECT.

As I was putting the groceries away, I realized that I buy WAAAY too much food for one person. Seriously, what is wrong with me? I have no excuse. I am on a cooking/baking bender these days, and the recipes are lined up in a long queue, just waiting for the right time for experimentation. Apparently, the butterscotch oatmeal cookies were called up to the plate tonight - mostly because I could only fit the butterscotch chips on the countertop over the dishwasher. I needed to run the dishwasher, which meant the countertop would heat up just enough to melt the butterscotch chips, which would clearly be a cooking tragedy and completely trash my recipe.

So I made the cookies instead, simply to clear a couple more things off the countertop. (I also needed to make something with which I would drink the last of the milk) I'll give you a minute to let that bizarre logic sink in. Also in the dishwasher: one of Sean's baseball caps that DESPERATELY needs a good washin'. We'll see what happens.

The cookies turned out well, but not earth-shatteringly tasty. I will probably take them to work tomorrow so that I don't eat every single one of them.

Also turning out to be mediocre? The movie "Superbad." It had its funnier moments, but truth be told, I didn't really like it. Jonah Hill's character was FAR too angry to register as consistently funny, and while Michael Cera did a phenomenal job...eh. Meh. It was no "Knocked Up," that's for damn sure.

Done anything mediocre lately?