PUNKIN BARS!!!!!!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
No fall season is complete without these fatty, wonderful things of goodness and light. I can't remember when the pumpkin bar "thing" began, but I know it was some time in the latter half of high school. Now, I cannot imagine an autumn without them - and a big crockpot of chili, too. Yum! Now you can enjoy them for yourselves because here is the recipe - straight from the recipe annals of my college email account! (click to enlarge)

The image above is a direct scan of the same 8.5 X 11 piece of paper that I printed out on my teeny desk at 508 E. Healey St., and have kept these past 6 years or so. Seriously - if the scan was of a better quality, you'd even be able to see the greasy blotches, marks, and minor wrinkles and tears in the paper. This baby has lived on 7 different refrigerators, and still comes out swinging each year.

Some recipe suggestions: use a handmixer to make the frosting, make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature, don't overdo the cinnamon, and DO NOT (I repeat, DO NOT) switch out the cream cheese with lo-fat or fat-free cream cheese. It will make your frosting taste like paste, and look like baby throw-up. You must use the fully fatted cream cheese. Period.

Enjoy!